Is he gone? Okay, here we go with our scintillating book discussion, ladies.
- So my friend who borrowed one of my zillion copies of "50 Shades of Grey" said it's not as bad as some of the older Anne Rice stuff, written under a pseudonym. I've never read Anne Rice, so you have to tell me. Otherwise, I have some questions ...
- Why was Anastasia prescribed the "mini pill"????? Isn't that the one with less hormones in it, like they give to nursing women? And then the nursing women get knocked up? Why would the bazillion-dollar doctor do that?
- Why does Christian act like he knows all about a woman's cycle but did not understand that when she was a week from her period she was pretty much totally "safe" fertile-wise?
- Then when she was on Day 4 of her period (and not bleeding anymore???? at all? give me a break) he's all like "game on" ... when everyone who does natural family planning knows Day 4 is not necessarily "safe" pregnancy-wise. And, REALLY? He couldn't have done what he did on Day 4 of her cycle EARLIER? Gross. I am, however, okay with what they did on Day 2, which makes me some sort of nastycakes.
- My copy of "50 Shades of Darker" should arrive any day now. I fully expect to open it up and find Anastasia pregnant. She was on the mini pill having all sorts of sex ... Don't ruin it for me if you have read it.
- Regarding the ending, I was seriously in tears. What does that say about me? Anyway, I realized later that he could have stopped anytime doing what he did at the end. He did not have to count all the way up to whatever. He could have stopped when she was crying. But then we would not have books 2 and 3.
- If you are squeamish sexually, DON'T READ THIS BOOK! I'm not saying I'm a freak or anything, but I did find the romance in it, and liked especially the semi-humorous emails that went back and forth between the characters. The book left me with many questions about the characters, and a cousin of mine says Book 2 is her favorite, so you know you can meet me back here soon :-)
EEEE ... just checked the mail and it is here. Catch you soon!