WE ARE FROM OVERLAND PARK!
How cool is that? We were going to walk down to meet them but I was busy with household junk and before we could go we saw them drive by, leaving the ranch. Darnit. Later when I was struggling with a rowboat filled with 3 kidlets, the grandma of the homeschooled kids came to help me and meet me. She's very cool! Later we met the 2 girls when the kids all had a kitten love fest.
|Kids on the dock.|
|After some kayaking and row-boating, the kids caught some crawdads.|
|Sam and Eva got up on the counter to see our new pets.|
|Eva dressing in her brothers' clothing ... with attitude.|
|Joel came down the stairs too fast and broke a glass all over the place. Thankfully, he was not hurt.|
|What a way to end the day ... holding a sleeping baby who just nursed himself into Dreamland.|
Highlights of the day:
- Callie learned about symmetry in math
- Kittens were loved upon
- Joel learned about decimals
- Michael learned about odds/evens and writing addition sentences
- The kids caught crawdads and wanted us to cook and eat them.
- We Skyped my dad while he's on our family vacation. I cried because we are supposed to be there, but I got over it ... I just want to hug and hold my family and friends; Skype is so sterile. Let's just say Skype is not satisfying like a Snickers.
- Went into town at dusk to get Wendy's ice cream treats.
- On the way home we heard Bicycle by Queen and I told the kids Aron and I used to bicycle Michael's legs and sing "Mikecycle" and the boys died laughing.
- Aron got home before 10
- I Skyped my pal Andrea
If you missed any installments of the Real World: Wyoming series, head to the right-hand side of this here blog, look for Categories, then click on Wyoming. And if you aren't following The Kerrie Show on Facebook, you are missing out on some cool stuff every now and then!