Folks, I am in a state of semi-vacation. I am still Mommy 24/7, but there are all kinds of things I don't have to worry about while traveling with A. for work.
- Mowing the lawn (sounds snootier than "yard", doesn't it?)
- Watering the garden or asking the kids to do it 17 times
- Gathering garden stuff (tomatoes, green beans, beets, etc.) and trying to figure out, Keystone Cop-style, how to can said stuff
- Keeping an eye on 3 kids in a sea of other kids at the swimming pool
- Organizing 900 playdates (I hate that word) for my social oldest son
- Washing diapers
J. has made a little girlfriend out here. I'll call her B., and I woke up Saturday morning to him on the pot singing her name over and over. She is 11 years old. We spent today with her at the pool, and she hung out in our room for hours. It will break my heart when they have to say goodbye this week.
Happy Birthday, Dad ;-)