No, this is not a post about foods that will MAKE you lose weight. I mean, if you eat fruits and veggies all day long and nothing else, you will lose weight. And you will be grumpy because you need some protein, people. And some carbs other than fruit so your tongue is happy. Or is that just me?
So here are my recent go-to foods that I hit when I want a burger or a Twinkie or Dove chocolate or a 500-calorie Starbucks mocha. My list changes, so I may be back in another post to update with more of my favorites as I discover them:
- Pretzel Crisps and hummus. Yeah, I have to count the Weight Watchers points, and there are plenty in this treat, but the crunch rocks and makes me feel like I'm being somehow Food Naughty.
- Sugar free chocolate syrup. YUK, I know. It takes a while to get used to. But mixed with a Starbucks VIA, skim milk and ice, you have a 3-point treat to sip all morning instead of a 10-point coffee that goes too fast.
- Weight Watchers has this SMOKED string cheese that's only 1 point each instead of the usual 2 points for a string cheese. The only catch is that you'll have to sell your kid to buy this stuff because it's like $4.50 for a package of 12. Us people with food issues will do anything to buy that extra daily point, though!
- Yoplait yogurt has a zillion flavors of their light line and it's only 2 points each. Mix a banana in with that and it's still a 2-point treat!
- Quaker Weight Control oatmeal comes in at 4 points per package but is pretty filling.
- Sara Lee makes a bread that is 1 point per slice (45 calorie bread), so I have an egg sandwich every morning for protein that adds up to 4 points total. It's expensive though. I was introduced to it by a friend who had a TRUCKLOAD of it from a grocery store and let me have as much as I wanted. Then I found out it's $4 a loaf so I went with a cheaper version. Just read the nutrition label.