- A tiny plastic ice cream cone from a Play-do set was tossed in the air (not even AT the TV). Slow-mo-like, it hit the month-old TV. It left a 3-inch "crack" like the star of Bethlehem BETWEEN THE LAYERS OF GLASS. The TV shut down and won't turn on at all.
- No TV repair place will touch it. It will be cheaper to buy a new $700 TV. Breaking stuff doesn't make the warranty kick in, folks. My dad would say, "That's how they get ya."
- Best Buy is where we bought it and they do not sell screen covers. They are stoopid and losing lots of money every day because of that. Also, we won't be buying our next TV from them because that's like rewarding them. We do, however, have to take our OLD TV to them so they can recycle it since the TV has nasty gasses trapped between the layers. Landfill fun for the future generations!
- If you have small children, even hanging the damn thing will not prevent something being tossed at it. I suggest you find another TV option to satisfy your TV happiness until your children are older or else BUY A SCREEN COVER. Here is a place you can get one, and it's called TV Armor. Yes, it costs a lot but not as much as a new flipping TV that you saved for months to buy!
- I plan to picket the Best Buy like a Christian pickets the Planned Parenthood. My sign will say DON'T DO IT! DON'T BUY A PLASMA TV IF YOU HAVE SMALL CHILDREN!!! Save your money and go on vacation instead.
- The irony is that my husband RARELY watches TV. He didn't own one when we met (I wasn't sure the relationship was going to work out but clearly it has). He was so cute watching movies with the kids a couple of times with the nice Blu-Ray player on the nice TV, and now it's GONE. GONE, I tell you.
- What's wrong with our old tube TV? Well, if a black person comes on the TV, you can't see them. And if the scene is at night, you can't see it at all. And most people look orange. That's all. I don't care. TV is TV to me. It's all good.
- I can post about this FINALLY (this happened last Saturday night) because I told my husband over the phone about the incident last night. He did not flip out! God bless that man! I wonder if he trashed his hotel room rock-star-style after we hung up the phone, though. Wouldn't blame him.
- If you love your electronics, remember what I always say: SEX MAKES BABIES. If you don't have children now, I wouldn't plan to. Your electronics can be your babies.