A cool chick on my Kansas City Attachment Parenting site was wondering how other moms get it all done. Like how do they cook, clean, find time for kids, husband, self, organize, set up appointments, blah blah blah?????
So I tried to help the best I could:
"From the homeschooling writer mama of 5:
1. don't give a sh** what others think of your house. hubby will have to deal, as well. do your best.
2. get rid of as much crap as you can. easier to keep it all clean.
3. involve the kids in cleaning up. gets easier. there comes a point when they actually listen and it's awesome!
4. make some time to do something you really wanna so you aren't so freaking bitter doing dishes and laundry for the 5,000th time.
5. even if you don't feel like it, prepare as much in advance as you can ... repack diaper bag, make and freeze double batches of food.
6. systems don't work for everyone. i've tried them all, too.
P.S. I don't have Internet access during the week, so my need to check email every 5 seconds is thwarted, dammit.