You know how I always say I'm not your typical woman and I don't like to shop? Well, I lied. I love to shop. I love to shop at CVS. For those of you who don't know what that is, I can't tell you what it stands for, but it is a drugstore. Let's just say it stands for my "Crack and Various Stuff."
The other day my dad and I went on a date. After we ate, we walked over to the CVS so I could get one simple hair clip. The kids are always breaking mine. You know, those 4-inch plastic claw clips from the 80s? Yeah, I throw my hair in one of those post-shower to get the Audrey Hepburn look. Who am I kidding?
So in we go. And out I come $40 poorer. Crap, I forget that my husband reads these posts. Well, honey, here is ME. Take me or leave me. I have a problem and need a 12-step group.
What did I buy? I just kept seeing things I "needed." Dad said I was like Steve Martin in The Jerk. I just needed ONE. MORE. THING.
I got my hair clips. Then I got:
- a calculator because Sam left ours outside in the snow
- a package of end-of-the-pencil erasers because our erasers always get chewed
- a Steno pad because mine is coming to an end and I need one for my massive diaper bag at all times so I can make observations about people
- a package of Lifesaver orange mints
- a set of 5 black and white pens
- a set of 5 mechanical pencils
- Rimmel lipstick in Dreamy